You plan to merge data into emails to your customers to personalize the messages but you have realized that not all customers have data stored in those fields. Can you set a default data value to be used when no data exists in a field?
Yes, you can! At the table level you can edit fields to save a default value. Follow the instructions below.
Save a default value to a field in a custom table
Let's sat that I'm storing order data in a custom table in Delivra. I plan to send an email to my customers offering a unique discount amount that has been calculated based on their historical purchases. In some cases, the historical purchases could not be calculated so I need to use a default discount value for any customer without the uniquely calculated value.
- Navigate to the Contacts dashboard.
- Select "Configuration" from the left menu.
- Select the "Custom Tables" tile.
- Locate the table and click the "Edit" button that appears upon hovering.
- Locate the field in the table and click the "Edit" button that appears upon hovering.
- In the "Merge Options" section, enter a value into the text box.
- Click "Save".
Article is closed for comments.