Use contact data or behavior to target Contacts for mailings using our Segment builder. The example below uses a Text clause type to evaluate the Industry field.
- Begin in your Segments dashboard
- Click on 'Regular' under the 'Add Segment' menu, left navigation.
- Give your segment a name (no special characters) and a description.
- Click on 'Choose a clause' and select the clause type (the 'Choose a Clause' menu contains several options for building clauses based on text demographics, actions, geography, etc.)
- After selecting the clause type, select the field to be used
- Enter the value to be used
- Click Save and Test. Testing the clause will pull the list of contacts that meet the clause criteria.
Learn more about Segments here.
Below are brief descriptions of each of the Clause types you will find when building Segments.
1. Text: Build clauses based on Contact demographic values stored in your database.
2. Numeric: Build clauses based on Contact numeric demographic values.
3. Date: Build clauses based on Contact date demographic values.
4. Action: Build clauses based on mailing recipient's activities such as open, did not open, clicked any URL from any mailing, or a specific mailing.
5. Geography: Build clauses based on Zip Code radius. Zip code values must be stored in contact demographics to utilize this option.
6. Engagement: Build clauses based on Delivra's engagement scoring for Contacts to find most or least engaged Contacts.
7. Social: Build clauses based on mailing recipient's sharing of your email to a social network such as Facebook or Twitter.
8. Category: Build clauses based on if a contact belongs or does not belong to a category. Commonly used in addition to another clause.
9. Email: Build clauses based on a specific set of email addresses.