Use contact data or behavior to target Contacts for campaigns using our Segment builder. The example below uses a Text clause type to evaluate the Industry field.
- Navigate to the Contacts dashboard
- Choose Segments from the left-hand navigation
- Click the Create Email Segment button at the top-right.
- Choose Regular or Triggered Segment from the pop-up, depending on if this is a segment for a regular, dedicated send or a triggered campaign (triggered off of a date or action taken).
- Give your segment a name (no special characters) and a description (optional).
- Open the Select Field drop-down and search for the database/demographic field you would like to segment on. (In this case it is Industry)
- Once your field is selected, choose your *IS* portion (including contains, does not contain, is greater than, is between, and many more) and then your value to segment on.
- Repeat this process until you have the filtered audience you would like. You can always add more groups and clauses.
- Click Save and Test. Testing the clause will pull the list of contacts that meet the clause criteria.
Learn more about Segments here.
Below are brief descriptions of different groups you might encounter:
1. Action: Build clauses based on campaign recipient's activities such as open, did not open, clicked any URL from any campaign, or a specific campaign.
2. Geography: Build clauses based on Zip Code radius. Zip code values must be stored in contact demographics to utilize this option.
3. Engagement: Build clauses based on Delivra's engagement scoring for Contacts to find most or least engaged Contacts.
4. Social: Build clauses based on campaign recipient's sharing of your email to a social network such as Facebook or Twitter.
5. Category: Build clauses based on if a contact belongs or does not belong to a category. Commonly used in addition to another clause.
9. Email: Build clauses based on a specific set of email addresses OR the presence of an email address.