At times you may want to split segments into halves or thirds for testing purposes. Instead of manually separating emails into equal parts, you can use our Split Segment feature.
First, create your relevant segment in Contacts > Segments.
If you are looking to simply split your entire list, create a segment using the clause Email Address is Not Null. This effectively creates a segment that contains all normal status contacts in your account.
- In the segment editor, add another clause to your segment. Select "Choose a Clause" and then select "Split". The following pop-up will appear:
- Choose 2 from the "Split contacts into" drop-down. This determines that 2 groups total will be created, splitting the segment in half.
- Then, select which group to target (the first of 2, the third of 5, etc.) from the "Take the" menu.
- Save and test to see results.
- Copy this segment to create the next one, adjusting "Take the" to 2nd.
Split segmentation is an enabled feature, Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not have this feature enabled but need to split your list in this manner.
Article is closed for comments.