Before you can setup messaging in your account, you first need a Keyword. If you do not yet have a keyword, please reach out to our Client Success team at firstname.lastname@example.org to get a request for a keyword started.
Once that is complete, you can complete the rest of the SMS setup in your account. You'll find the SMS configuration options in Contacts > Configuration > SMS Toggle > Text Messaging (seen below).
Outlined below are explanations of the various default SMS messaging that applies to the opt-in process from a subscriber's mobile device.
1. Double Opt-in message
If you wish for double opt-in to be required in your SMS configuration (note: if using SMS signup as part of a subscribe form double opt-in is required), you would set up the Double opt-in message. When configured, this is the initial message the recipient receives once they've texted the Keyword to the short code from their mobile device. You must ask the recipient to text back a piece of information, located in the ‘Save recipient's response to’ dropdown. Example: ask for their Name.
2. Welcome Message
This is the second message the recipient receives after they have texted back the required piece of information to confirm (above). If double opt-in is not required, this is the first message the recipient will receive.
3. Welcome Message to ask for opt-in to Email program
This is an optional message that is sent immediately after the Welcome Message to prompt the recipient to join your email list. You can also configure this message to update the SMS contact record with a value of your choosing that will store to a field in the drop down. Example: ask for Zip Code to help Segment SMS contacts.
4. Already subscribed message
This message is sent when the subscriber's mobile number already exists. Example: You've already subscribed to our program.
5. Invalid response automatic response
This message is sent when your recipient responds to one a message from an Automation with a response that is not part of either the Yes or No paths. See this article for more information on SMS automated journeys.
6. Unexpected error message
This message is sent when some kind of error occurs during the sign-up process on the carrier side. Example: There is some kind of error. Please try again later.
1. The message received by SMS recipient will display all of the wording configured including default text like: To opt-out text STOP [Keyword] to [Short Code] MSG & DATA RATES APPLY text help for more info. Max 30 msgs/month
2. ‘Save recipient's response to’ field: Available types of data to be saved, including a custom field you can store information.
3. 'Add Contact to Mailing List' field: If the piece of information you ask the recipient for is their email you can choose to add that email to your email database.
Visit our e-Learning hub for online modules to learn more about this & other Delivra features.