By default, anchors are not trackable links. However, there is a way to track anchors as actual links with a bit of manual work. Follow the steps below for each anchor in the content file.
1. Locate the online version link for the content file. From Content library, right click on file name, select Online Version. This will open a new browser window. Copy and paste address from address bar of new browser window. (Paste to Notepad - this URL will be used in a later step.)
2. Insert first anchor in front of the text (or on the image).
3. Highlight the text (or select the image block) that will be linked to lead to the anchor assigned in the step above. Choose the 'Anchor' link type.
4. Select the anchor from the drop down menu to link to.
5. Copy the anchor link displayed. (Paste to Notepad, will be used in a later step.)
6. Without closing the Inert Hyperlink window, switch the Hyperlink Type back to 'Normal'. Paste in the Online Version link into the Web address box. Then, paste the anchor (also copied previously) at the end of the online version URL.
7. We recommend you assign a Link Reporting Name to this custom link to aid in identification in mailing reports.
8. Click 'Insert'.
9. Repeat as needed for all anchors in the content file.
1. Don't edit the anchor link if you don't need to because the online version link will be stripped out and you will have to walk through all of the above steps to re-add it.
2. The hash portion of the URL isn't transmitted to the server, so it cannot be captured for reporting. This is why you should use Link Reporting Names when creating the link to distinguish them.
3. The online version link generated in the editor doesn't include the memberguid or list ID so Clicksteeam and Google Analytics tracking isn't possible on these anchors links.