Social sharing buttons are an important way to increase the reach of your email messaging by allowing your subscribers to share engaging content. You can easily incorporate social follow buttons into your drag-and-drop emails. The following are frequently asked questions.
Social Follow FAQs
1. How do I insert Social Follow links into my content?
- Open your campaign or template file in the Drag-and-Drop Editor.
- Drag a layout element into your content file where you want the social follow buttons to be placed.
- Drag the Social Follow action element into your layout element.
- Left click on your Social Follow block. This will open up the Social Share Details on the right-hand side. You can change the default text for each button and you can also change the background color. text color, and font
- Optionally you can include a title and description such as "Share this Email!"
- NOTE: Your social network pages must be configured properly to allow recipients to find you.
- TIP: Do not use the https prefix, instead simply use http.
2. Which Facebook settings are necessary for social Follow to work?
For Social Follow to work seamlessly, you must allow everyone to look you up using the email address you provided. You must allow other search engines to link to your timeline.
To configure these settings, access the Privacy Settings and Tools page , and review/update the settings in the “Who can look me up?” section.
Note: If the privacy settings are not properly configured, recipients will receive a “No results found” message when they click on the Follow link within your email content.
3. How do I set up the Follow link to direct recipients to my Facebook page?
The Facebook URL will default to a value that identifies the Facebook account that was connected to our system. For example: https://email@example.com&init=ffs&nomc=0
If this value is not changed, the recipient will be directed to your page.
4. I created a Facebook Page. How do I set up the Follow link to display this page when the recipient clicks the Follow button?
- The Facebook URL should be changed to the Facebook Web Address that you specified for your Facebook page. For example: https://www.facebook.com/thisistheusernameofmycompanypage
5. How do I set up the Follow link to display my LinkedIn page?
- The LinkedIn URL should be changed to the Public Profile URL that you specified for your LinkedIn page. For example: https:/www.linkedin.com/in/thisismypublicprofilepage
- To set your Public Profile URL, click on the Manage Privacy & Settings link. On the Privacy & Settings page, click on the Edit your public profile link. Your Public Profile URL is on the left side, and can be changed.
One unique social connection per account, meaning Facebook connection with only one Facebook page.
Article is closed for comments.