Using embedded code of any kind is not widely supported by email clients and not considered best practices. Because of this, our software does not support embedding video directly in a campaign.
Instead, we recommend using an image in the email that links to the URL where the video is hosted externally. Setting your email up to link out to a video will provide visibility into the click activity of the link too!
Upload the image to be used as a link to the video
You will find the Media Library for your account in the Assets dashboard.
- From the Media Library page, click the blue "Upload File" button.
- On the next page, click the "Browse Files" button. This will open a modal showing your computer desktop.
- Chose the image file from your desktop by double clicking it in the modal.
Link the image to the video
Once the image file is hosted, you'll insert it into the email design & then link it to your video.
- Open your campaign or email template in the drag-and-drop editor.
- Drag a new row into your canvas & assign it as an image content type.
- Click the newly added image block to expose edit options on the right side of your screen.
- For "Fill", click to select the image to place in the block from your Media Library.
- Scroll down to find "Image Link". Flip the toggle for "Create a link" to Yes.
- Type or paste in the URL to your hosted video file.
- Use an image that looks like a play button.
- Consider other link possibilities like button & text links.
- Use the Reporting name for the link to provide a pretty name for the URL that will be seen when reviewing your tracking reports.
This article has been updated to reflect how-to steps in our Air platform. If you're using the legacy platform and need help, please contact email@example.com.