The Social Share for Mailings feature allows you to post a mailing to your social pages automatically once it's been sent. Your account must be configured to authorize the connection between Delivra and the network. This feature is only available for Regular and Split Test mailing types.
Configure your account to use this feature-
- Go to Settings
- Click MyAppConnections
- Click 'Social' under Browse By Category on right
- Click Setup button for network you want to configure
- Login to your network
- Authorize connection
- Repeat for each network
To post a mailing to a network-
- Create a new Regular mailing
- On the right you will see the network options, check desired networks
- Once a network is checked, another box opens for you to edit the text that will be shared. The online version link for the content will automatically be included.
- Save mailing
To check if a mailing was shared to a specific network-
- Navigate to the Mailings dashboard and the "Sent" tab.
- Click on the Mailing ID of the Mailing you would like to check.
- Choose "Log".
- Look for the mailing to be shared to a specific network in the Log. In this case, the mailing was shared to Facebook:
Testing is crucial before you decide to implement social share for mailings into your e-mail marketing efforts. Slight changes can alter how the share is seen on social networks. See screenshots and descriptions below for Facebook posts:
#1 - This mailing post included online version link (default position, top), no preheader, and no additional text in the social share for Facebook box in the mailing finalize tab.
#2 - This post included online version link (default position, top), no preheader, but did include additional text in the social share for Facebook box in the mailing finalize tab (Hey Parents - Latest info about our upcoming event.). Results changed to include additional text with the shared image.
#3 - This post had (default) online version off, no preheader, had a Subject line saved in content, and did include additional text in the social share for Facebook box in the mailing finalize tab (June Issue of our Newsletter). Results changed to display the Subject line (Steph Test) with the shared image.