You must have a functional, visible unsubscribe link in every email to be compliant with the CAN-SPAM act. To ensure compliance, we already add a one-click unsubscribe link included in the footer, which is added when you import your content to create a new mailing.
However, if you create a custom footer, create a re-engagement campaign, or want to create an unsubscribe form, you may need to add an unsubscribe link to your content.
Your hyperlink menu has an unsubscribe link option. You can insert the default link, or if you are using Unsubscribe Forms, you can choose to link to the saved Form.
- Open your content file in the Drag-and-Drop Editor.
- Highlight the text you want to be a link.
- Click on the Insert Link icon.
- Make sure that "Hyperlink Type" drop-down is set to "Unsubscribe".
- Choose your unsubscribe form from the "Form Name" drop down, if applicable. (Note: if you are not directing users to a form, they will be automatically redirected to an page confirming their removal from your list).
- Confirm your link text, set your color, tool tip, and link reporting name.
- Click "Insert".