An anchor is a link that directs the reader to a different section of the same email.
For example, an anchor may be used when you want to include a table of contents section that contains clickable links that take you to the paragraph instead of making the reader have to scroll through the mailing. Other names for these kind of links may be "bookmarks" or "jumpto" links.
- Select the section of text where you'd like to place the anchor by clicking the content box on the left and placing the cursor where you want to set the anchor in the text editor on the right.
- Click the anchor button on the toolbar.
- Enter the "Anchor Name". When naming the anchor, be sure not to use spaces or special characters/numbers. They can cause the link to break in certain browsers.
- Click 'Insert' and you can visually see the anchor has been put in place.
- To create the link from a table of contents, click the layout block on the left side that includes the table of contents.
- On the right, highlight the text that needs to link to the anchor.
- Click the 'Insert Hyperlink' button .
- Change 'hyperlink type' to 'Anchor'.
- Select your Anchor Name.
- Click 'Insert.'