Anchors are coming to the editor in Delivra's Air platform as of January 25, 2024!
What is an anchor?
An anchor is a link that directs the reader to a different section of the same email.
For example, an anchor may be used when you want to include a table of contents section that contains clickable links that take you to the paragraph instead of making the reader have to scroll through the mailing. Other names for these kind of links may be "bookmarks" or "jumpto" links.
Step 1 - Set your anchors
- Click into your text box in the drag-and-drop editor. Place your cursor where you want to set the anchor. This will be the place a reader jumps to in the email when the anchor is linked from elsewhere in the content.
- Click the anchor icon from the Insert section of the Text editor on the right-hand side.
- Enter a name for the anchor in the pop-up and then click the Insert button. When naming the anchor, be sure not to use spaces or special characters/numbers as these can cause the link to break in certain browsers.
- You can visually see the anchor has been put in place.
Step 2 - Create links to your anchors
For this example we'll use the Table of Contents use case.
- Click into the text box that contains your TOC and highlight the text that needs to link to the anchor.
- Click the hyperlink icon from the Insert section of the Text editor on the right-hand side.
- Click open the Hyperlink Type menu and select "Anchor".
- Click open the Anchor Name menu and select the name of the previously set anchor.
- Adjust color & understand formatting if necessary.
- Repeat steps for additional anchors needing to be linked.
This article has been updated to reflect how-to steps in our Air platform. If you're using the legacy platform and need help, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.