Find the basic how-to outlined below and review the resources available for this feature before you begin.
Generally speaking, the common steps for building an Automation are:
- In the Automation dashboard, click "Create Automation" to begin. From there, the workflow is organized into 4 steps.
- Setup (1): Name the Automation and determine how the Automation will start. An email, an SMS, or an Event. Click "Save and Next".
- Choose an Automation template by clicking "Use Template". This will drop you into the designer.
- Design (2): Use Action & Condition steps to build a complete workflow.
- Test (3): Test the Automation.
- Schedule (4): Schedule the Automation to start.
Tips and Tricks - a quick reference guide for automation.
Learn more about Automation in this online learning module.
For more on testing, see this article.
For more on scheduling, see this article.
See this article for a full outline of building an Automation journey.