Drip Campaigns allow you to plot out an automated email series and/or SMS messages triggered on timing, subscriber action or inaction with little intervention from you once the campaign is setup. Find the basic how-to below, however we suggest reviewing the resources available for this feature before you begin.
- Go to Automation. Select either a workflow template on the left, or click + icon to create your own.
- Click the Edit icon in right corner of the Send Email box. This is where you will select the mailing (regular, triggered, or automated) that will begin your drip campaign.
- Choose the next Action item on the right hand side. What do you want to occur after the first mailing is sent? Here are the options:
SEND EMAIL: Do you want to send another email? Select Edit icon. Select the mailing.
- SEND SMS: Enter an SMS message. (Note: Must be setup for SMS to use this).
- LEAD ALERT:
- PAUSE: Select the wait time you want before the following step in the drip campaign begins.
- FLAG EVENT: This captures an action based on previous steps in the campaign. Select a condition: Opened, Clicked, Purchased from, Subscribed to SMS. Select the mailing.
- WAIT FOR EVENT: This allows you to wait indefinitely for a recipient to take a certain action before proceeding to the next step.
- UPDATE FIELD: This will update a contact’s field or category in Delivra. Select category or Insert field.
- EXPORT CSV: Export a list of the recipients flowing through a step.
- STOP: Keep recipients in the drip campaign by collecting them here. You can continue with action items after when ready to move these contacts to a next step.
- REMOVE STEP: Trash any step added to the workflow anytime.
- Drag chosen Action over and into a green highlighted area. Drop it in.
- Repeat steps as needed.
NOTE: If you need to delete a step, drag and drop the box into REMOVE STEP on right hand side.
When you’re ready to Start your drip campaign, you can a) Choose Start from blue drop down or b) Right click on name of campaign under Mailings > Drip Campaigns and choose Start.
When you’re ready to Stop your dip campaign, you can a) Choose Stop from blue drop down menu or b) Right click on name of campaign under Mailings > Drip Campaigns and choose Stop.