When importing your CSV file of Contacts into your Delivra account you can tag that import with a name, called a category. Creating a category upon import allows you to separate that list of Contacts for a mailing.
- Go to Contacts
- Click Import Contacts (left)
- Select file:
- Click browse and find your CSV list that is saved on your computer (if the dot next to your file name is red, then you did not save your spreadsheet as a .CSV file and need to do so before importing)
- Match your columns to the demographic fields using the drop down menu
- Determine Import Action, Create New Category or assign to an existing Category
When you create a category during the import process, it's important to note the option "expires".
- If this option is set to "No" the category will be kept permanently.
- If this option is set to "Yes" the category will expire after 30 days of non-use. Only the category's segment will be deleted at 30 days, not the email addresses associated with it.
- The only time we recommend using the "expires = yes" option is if you're using this segment to send a one time mailing.