When importing your CSV file of Contacts into your account you can tag that import with a name, called a category. Creating a category upon import allows you to separate that list of Contacts to target for a campaign.
- Go to Contacts
- Click the Import Contacts button at the top-right of the page
- Select file:
- Click browse and find your CSV list that is saved on your computer (if the dot next to your file name is red, then you did not save your spreadsheet as a .CSV file and need to do so before importing)
- Match your columns to the demographic fields using the drop down menu
- Either choose to create New Category or assign to an existing Category
You will be able to direct select this category when choosing the audience for your campaign in Step 3 of the Create a Campaign Workflow.
When you create a category during the import process, it's important to note the option "expires".
- If this option is set to "No" the category will be kept permanently.
- If this option is set to "Yes" the category will expire after 30 days of non-use. Only the category's segment will be deleted at 30 days, not the email addresses associated with it.
- The only time we recommend using the "expires = yes" option is if you're using this segment to send a one time campaign.