You can create a custom automated message to new contacts in-order to ask for confirmation, or to simply welcome them and set expectations. An Automated mailing of this type can be used in subscribe forms as well as be initiated through your import process. Once you have the content created for this custom message, follow the steps below to setup the Automated confirmation mailing.
Note: A link is required for the confirmation type mailing. This link must be a Delivra link so it updates the database on our side. Somewhere within your content, you'll want to hyperlink to %%url.confirm%% as a text link, and image link, or a button link.
- Go to Mailings
- Select 'Automated' on the left menu
- Click Import Content button to select the content file
- Assign mailing name, From line, Subject line and Preheader (optional)
- Set "Default Mailing Type" to be Confirm
- Click Save to save the mailing or click Save and Test to send a test copy to yourself
The recipient of a confirmation mailing will be placed in a contact status of 'confirm'. If they click the opt in link, they'll change to normal status. If they don't choose to option, they will always remain in a confirm status and no mailings will be sent to them.