You can create a custom automated message to new contacts in order to confirm their subscription and (ideally) to welcome them and set expectations. This is also known as a "double opt-in".
An Automated campaign of this type can be used with subscribe forms or initiated through your import process.
Note: Utilizing the official confirmation link is required for the confirmation type mailing to work correctly. This link must be a Delivra link so it updates the database on our side.
- Navigate to Campaigns
- Select "Create Campaign" in the top-right corner of the page.
- Select 'Automated' on the left menu. In the sub-menu select "Confirmed Opt-In"
- Click Save and Next.
- Design your campaign. When you are building the link or button for users to confirm their subscription, choose the "Needs Confirm" hyperlink type:
- Follow the Create a Campaign Workflow as normal through your Preview and Test steps.
- In the Schedule step you will set the campaign to Running or Not Running (think of this as turning the campaign on or off). You can also add to a report group or update your Lead Score settings (Enterprise only).
The recipient of a confirmation mailing will be placed in a contact status of 'confirm'. If they click the opt in link, they'll change to normal status. If they don't choose to option, they will always remain in a confirm status and no mailings will be sent to them.