You can create a custom automated message to new contacts in order to confirm their subscription and (ideally) to welcome them and set expectations.
An Automated campaign of this type can be used with subscribe forms or initiated through your import process.
Note: Utilizing the official confirmation link is required for the confirmation type mailing to work correctly. This link must be a Delivra link so it updates the database on our side.
- Navigate to Campaigns
- Select "Create Campaign" in the top-right corner of the page.
- Select 'Automated' on the left menu. In the sub-menu select "Confirmed Opt-In"
- Click Save and Next.
- Design your campaign. When you are building the link or button for users to confirm their subscription, choose the "Needs Confirm" hyperlink type:
- Follow the Create a Campaign Workflow as normal through your Preview and Test steps.
- In the Schedule step you will set the campaign to Running or Not Running (think of this as turning the campaign on or off). You can also add to a report group or update your Lead Score settings (Enterprise only).
The recipient of a confirmation mailing will be placed in a contact status of 'confirm'. If they click the opt in link, they'll change to normal status. If they don't choose to option, they will always remain in a confirm status and no mailings will be sent to them.