A triggered campaign is an automated campaign type that is sent based on either a date stored for or an action taken by a Contact.
Triggered campaigns can be an alternative to Automated hello/welcome because they can be segmented to target the audience. For instance, subscribers through a form vs. subscribers through a Text-to-Subscribe keyword.
a. Create the triggered segment-
- Go to Contacts > Segments
- Choose Create a Triggered Segment from the yellow drop-down button at the top-right.
- Enter name and description
- Click 'Choose a Clause' button. The triggered clause is the date or action taken by the contact that "triggers" the automated message.
- Select Clause type (triggered clauses are limited to a Date, an Action or a Category join date)
- Select any additional demographic based clauses.
- Save the triggered segment.
b. Create the triggered campaign-
- Navigate to Campaigns.
- Click Create a Campaign in the top-left of the page.
- On the Setup step (Step 1), choose Automated > Triggered in your Campaign Type.
- Follow the rest of the Create a Campaign Workflow as normal until the Schedule page. Note that you will only be able to choose a Triggered Segment in the Contacts step.
- On the Schedule page, choose your first send time, how often to check for recipients, and how far back you would like to look for relevant recipients. Once you save, the triggered campaign will run at the frequency set by how often you want to check for recipients.
Note: If you are running daily, the campaign will send at the same time every day.
Click here to learn more about triggers and the setup process.