A triggered mailing is a mailing type that is automatically sent, based on either a date stored for or a behavior of a Contact. Triggered mailings are an alternative to Automated hello mailings because they can be segmented to target the audience, for instance, subscribers through a form vs. subscribers through a Text-to-Subscribe keyword.
a. Create the triggered segment-
- Go to Segments
- Click 'Triggered' on left
- Enter name and description
- Click 'Choose a Clause' button
- Select Clause type (triggered clauses are limited to a Date, an Action or a Category join date)
- Save the triggered segment
b. Create the triggered mailing-
- Go to Mailings
- Click Triggered on the left
- Import Content
- Assign Mailing Name, From and Subject. Optionally, you can assign a Preheader and a Report Group too.
- Click 'Next' to enter Recipients tab
- Select your triggered segment from the left and use the arrow between the boxes to move it to the targeted side
- Click Next to enter Finalize tab
- When do you want to send the mailing: This is the mailing start date. After this date, the mailing will run automatically.
- Enter How Frequently you want the Trigger to run: This tells the system when to check for contacts that match the segment criteria and send the mailing.
- Enter When the trigger runs, how soon should the recipient receive the email: This allows you to set the timing between when the contact meets the segment criteria and when they get this mailing.
- Save or Save & Test Mailing
Click here to learn more about triggers and the setup process.