What is a Welcome or Confirmation message?
This Automated message is a system-generated message sent to ALL new contacts. The sending of this message can be initiated through a CSV import, or a subscribe form.
What to include
1. Set expectations as to FREQUENCY and PURPOSE of subsequent campaigns.
2. Brand Education.
3. How to engage with you across multiple channels (incl. customer service, social media, etc.)
4. How to unsubscribe.
Who to send it to
1. ALL NEW subscribers to your email program.
2. First email should be sent AS SOON as they join the account.
1. We recommend you do not exceed 3 messages
2. Exclude new subscribers from regular communication by adding a date join clause to your regular segments
a. Welcome content: Retail
Thank you for shopping with us!
We hope that your shopping experience was exemplary and that your gift was well received.
To show you our appreciation, we would like to offer you 20% off your next order. To receive your discount* on any gift simply use promotion code XXXXXX at checkout online, or mention the code if you call. You can shop now or at a later date and remember, we can ship your gift anywhere across the country.
b. Welcome Content: General #1
Welcome! Thank You for Subscribing to Our Emails.
You'll now be able to take advantage of exclusive email offers, be the first to find out about products, and receive holiday reminders with suggestions.
We don’t want to burden you with unwanted emails, so at anytime you can unsubscribe using the link at the bottom of every email.
c. Welcome Content: General #2
You just signed up for our tips and tricks newsletter—but what does that mean?
It means that once a month you will receive an email full of the latest email marketing trends and recommendations.
Check out our official "Email Marketing Tried and Trusted Tips" e-book as a special thank you for signing up.
- Click on 'Campaigns' at the top of your screen.
- Click the yellow 'Create Campaign' button at the top-right of your screen
- Click 'Automated Email' under the Campaign Type header
- Click either 'Welcome' or 'Confirmed Opt-In' from the new options based on the type of email you want
- Fill in your Campaign name, Subject Line, and any other settings as needed
- Click 'Save and Next'
- Select if you would like to start your Campaign using a template, from scratch, or by using your own HTML
- Create your content and proceed through the Create a Campaign workflow as normal