We offer two types of automated campaigns that can be configured to send to new subscribers - welcome & confirmed opt-in. Continue reading to learn more about these campaigns.
What is a Welcome or Confirmed Opt-in message?
A welcome or confirmed opt-in is an automated type of campaign that can be configured in your account. This type of email is system-generated automatically to new contacts when specified and is the first contact between you & a new subscriber.
The confirmed opt-in requires a click action on the new subscriber's part, a welcome does not.
How are Automated emails sent?
Welcome and confirmed opt-in campaigns can be configured to send when a form is submitted, when a CSV import occurs, or when new contacts are added via API.
- Form submission - Assign your automated message to a form. In the form editor, navigate to the "INFO" tab (right side). Choose the type of automated message from the "Automated Sign Up Message" drop-down:
- CSV import - In the last step of the CSV import process, open the "Import Action" menu. To send your welcome, select "Import as regular contacts and send hello message". To send your confirmed opt-in, select "Import as unconfirmed contacts and send confirmation request":
- API - A contact status of needs-hello can be sent with the call to add a new contact & send a welcome. Or, use needs-confirm to send a confirmed opt-in.
What to include
- Set expectations as to frequency and purpose of subsequent emails.
- Educate on brand, products, and/or services offered by your company.
- How to engage with you across multiple channels (incl. customer service, social media, etc.)
- How to unsubscribe.
Who to send it to
All new subscribers to your email program - if they are expecting it - because they just completed a form or a transaction with your company.
When to send it
Think back to a time that you signed up to receive something. You wanted to receive it immediately, right? Your subscribers share that expectation.
The most successful welcome campaigns are sent within minutes of a subscriber filling out a signup form. And, since they are expecting your email, they are more likely to open it.
- We recommend that you do not exceed 3 messages in a welcome automation.
- We also recommend that you exclude new subscribers from receiving regular email communication until they are through the welcome automation. You can do this by adding a date join clause to your regular segments, like date joined is more than 1 month (if your welcome automation spans 1 month).
Welcome content: Retail
Thank you for shopping with us!
We hope that your shopping experience was exemplary and that your gift was well received.
To show you our appreciation, we would like to offer you 20% off your next order. To receive your discount* on any gift simply use promotion code XXXXXX at checkout online, or mention the code if you call. You can shop now or at a later date and remember, we can ship your gift anywhere across the country.
Welcome Content: General #1
Welcome! Thank You for Subscribing to Our Emails.
You'll now be able to take advantage of exclusive email offers, be the first to find out about products, and receive holiday reminders with suggestions.
We don’t want to burden you with unwanted emails, so at anytime you can unsubscribe using the link at the bottom of every email.
Welcome Content: General #2
You just signed up for our tips and tricks newsletter—but what does that mean?
It means that once a month you will receive an email full of the latest email marketing trends and recommendations.
Confirmation Content: General
Please confirm your subscription by clicking the button below.
>>Yes, subscribe me.<<
If you received this email by mistake, simply delete it. You won't be subscribed to our email list if you do not click the button (above/below).
For questions, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Visit these articles for detailed steps in setting up automated campaigns in your account:
Check out our InboxFlows product & start collecting email design examples.