There may be situations where you need to use a suppression file of Contact email address to ensure they are not included in a particular campaign. A suppression list is not the same as the unsubscribed contact list-- a suppression list can be independently uploaded and applied to any campaign, where those Contact emails are not in the unsubscribed status.
Note: Create your suppression list as a .txt formatted file containing email address only, listed one per line. Make sure that the file contains no commas.
a. Upload the .txt file-
- Go to Contacts
- Click 'Suppression Lists' on left menu
- Click the 'Upload' button in the top-right
- Click 'Browse'
- Select file from desktop
- Click 'Upload'
b. Add the suppression file to a campaign-
- Go to Campaigns
- Either create a new campaign or edit an existing campaign
- Once the setup and design is complete, navigate to step 3 Contacts.
- Choose your category or segment the campaign will be sent to.
- You have the option to exclude recipients from a specific campaign or choosing a specific list to exclude on the right-hand side.
- Click the button to Choose Suppression List under "Exclude based on a suppression list". Choose the file you previously uploaded under Contacts. Multiple suppression files may be applied.
- Click Save or Save & Next to schedule.