There may be situations where you need to use a suppression file of Contact email address to ensure they are not included in a particular campaign. A suppression list is not the same as the unsubscribed contact list-- a suppression list can be independently uploaded and applied to any campaign, where those Contact emails are not in the unsubscribed status.
Note: Create your suppression list as a .txt formatted file containing email address only, listed one per line. Make sure that the file contains no commas.
a. Upload the .txt file-
- Go to Contacts
- Click 'Suppression Lists' on left menu
- Click the 'Upload' button in the top-right
- Click 'Browse'
- Select file from desktop
- Click 'Upload'
b. Add the suppression file to a campaign-
- Go to Campaigns
- Either create a new campaign or edit an existing campaign
- Once the setup and design is complete, navigate to step 3 Contacts.
- Choose your category or segment the campaign will be sent to.
- You have the option to exclude recipients from a specific campaign or choosing a specific list to exclude on the right-hand side.
- Click the button to Choose Suppression List under "Exclude based on a suppression list". Choose the file you previously uploaded under Contacts. Check the box next to the list(s) you would like to suppress then press OK. Multiple suppression files may be applied.
- Click Save or Save & Next to schedule.