There may be situations where you need to use a suppression file of specific email addresses to ensure they are not included in a particular campaign. In Delivra, you can easily upload such a list anytime it's necessary in the Contacts step of the create-a-campaign process.
Before you begin
A suppression list is not the same as the unsubscribed contact list—a suppression list can be independently uploaded and applied to any campaign, where those emails addresses are not in the unsubscribed status.
Create your suppression list as a .txt formatted file containing email address only, listed one per line. Make sure that the file contains no commas or headers.
You can upload a suppression list on the fly when creating a campaign. Follow these steps:
- Create a new campaign, or open an existing campaign.
- Navigate to step 3 of the workflow, Contacts.
- Scroll to find the exclusions section and click the "Choose suppression list" button.
- In the pop-up, click the "Upload" button. This will drop you in the upload workflow.
- Provide a name for your suppression list then click the "Browse" button to open your desktop and find the .txt file of email addresses.
- Click the "Next" button.
- A confirmation page will be displayed. Click the "Done" button. You will receive an email that the import is complete.
- You will see your suppression file name listed as chosen.
- You can upload suppression files in the Contacts dashboard of your account anytime. Go to your Contacts dashboard, click "Suppression Lists" from the left, and click the "Upload" button.
- If you need to import a list of email addresses to change their status to unsubscribed, please visit this knowledge article.
- Multiple suppression lists may be applied to a campaign.