The terms "ban" or "banned" refers to a Contact status that indicates the Contact reported their received campaign as SPAM in their email client.
A contact may be "explicitly banned" in a few different situations:
- The contact marks your email as SPAM within their email client.
- The contact reported the mailing to our Abuse Address as spam and we subsequently banned their address to ensure they do not receive any further mail of the kind.
- Their e-mail address contains a domain that does not exist (bad address).
- The email uses a mobile domain.
- You as the client have moved it to the Banned Status manually. Please note that certain permissions must be enabled for this feature.
Any Contact that reports SPAM for a campaign is automatically unsubscribed and banned from being added back to your account in the future.
Only a member of Delivra Support (email@example.com) can remove a ban if provided proper information.
*To remove a contact from explicit ban, you must be able to show that the email should legitimately receive emails, or wants to be added back to the database (typically required in writing by that recipient from the email address in question).