Site Administrators have the ability to create/update a user (account administrator) and specify which functional areas of the system should be exposed via API. Account Administrators must have the permission set to manage account administrators
1) Locate permissions for an account administrator-
Settings > User Management > Account Administrators > hover over admin record > click Edit > click Permissions (on left menu)
After the API user is created, you can use those credentials to access the appropriate API endpoints.
2) Create an API user-
- Click Settings
- Click 'User Management'
- Click ‘Account Administrators’
- Click the 'Create Account Administrator' button, top right.
- Enter name, email address and password
- Email address should not be a personal or company address.* The email address should be:api@[yourURL]. For example, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Password strength should be strong, and include numbers, letters, and at least 1 special character
- Click 'Accounts' (on left) > select applicable account(s) from left, move to right with the arrow
- Click 'Alerts' (on left) > configure any alerts for the new administrator to receive
- Click 'Permissions' (on left) > select 'View User' role on left, move to right with arrow
- Click API Access (on left) > Select all boxes for API SETTINGS
- Click 'Save'
* Never create an API admin record under someone's personal address/admin record. If they leave the company, the admin record will need to be deleted which will invalidate the associated API calls. Please also note that this does not create a "live" email address -- it is purely an admin record.