Engagement calculations are based on a configurable formula that compares the number of recipient actions (such as opens, clicks, forwards, etc.) to the number of messages received.
Find your engagement score formulas-
- From the 'Home' page, click the "Settings" cog on your top-level navigation and choose "Account Management" from the drop-down.
- Click "General Account Settings" at the top left.
- Choose the "Settings" tab from the left-hand navigation.
Other than comparison reporting, it is possible to create segments based on Contact Engagement scores (segments that include or exclude contacts based on Engagement scores above or below a chosen value) if you are currently using our Professional or Enterprise packages.
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT ENGAGEMENT SCORE
There are two types of engagement: mailing engagement and contact engagement.
1. For Mailing Engagement, the score is the result of a formula involving the listed recipient actions for a campaign, divided by the number of recipients of that campaign.
There is a default calculation in place for all accounts. To personalize the engagement score towards your email marketing goals, you can opt to exclude variables in the calculation or increase and decrease the number of points allocated to each variable. Edit scoring in Settings: Account Management > General Account Settings > Settings tab.
Mailing Engagement (CP = Configurable Points) (# Unique opens * CP) + (# Unique clicks * CP )+ (#Total forwards * CP) + (# Unique Clickstream Purchases * CP) + (# Total Shares *CP) +(# Unique unsubs * CP) / Received
2. For Contact Engagement, the score is the result of formula involving actions by that contact over time, divided by the number of mailings received by the contact over time. Edit scoring in Settings: Account Management > General Account Settings > Settings tab.
Contact Engagement (CP = Configurable Points) (# Unique opens * CP) + (# Unique clicks * 0.25) + (# Total forwards * CP) + (# Unique Clickstream Purchases * CP) + (Total Shares * CP) / # Mailings ("Clickstream Purchases" refers to Delivra's purchase tracking feature, not available in all lists).