Engagement calculations are based on a configurable formula that compares the number of recipient actions (such as opens, clicks, forwards, etc.) to the number of messages received.
Find your Lifetime or mailing engagement score formulas-
- From the 'Home' page, click the "Settings" cog on your top-level navigation and choose "Account Management" from the drop-down.
- Click "General Account Settings" at the top left.
- Choose the "Settings" tab from the left-hand navigation.
Other than comparison reporting, it is possible to create segments based on Lifetime (Contact) Engagement scores (segments that include or exclude contacts based on Engagement scores above or below a chosen value) if you are currently using our Professional or Enterprise packages.
These are not related to the Enterprise feature Advanced Engagement Scoring (which is time-based and also scores on demographic factors. For more about Advanced Engagement Scoring visit this article.)
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT ENGAGEMENT SCORE
There are two types of engagement: mailing engagement and Lifetime (contact) engagement.
1. For Mailing Engagement, the score is the result of a formula involving the listed recipient actions for a campaign, divided by the number of recipients of that campaign.
There is a default calculation in place for all accounts. To personalize the engagement score towards your email marketing goals, you can opt to exclude variables in the calculation or increase and decrease the number of points allocated to each variable. Edit scoring in Settings: Account Management > General Account Settings > Settings tab.
Mailing Engagement (CP = Configurable Points) (# Unique opens * CP) + (# Unique clicks * CP )+ (#Total forwards * CP) + (# Unique Clickstream Purchases * CP) + (# Total Shares *CP) +(# Unique unsubs * CP) / Received
2. For Lifetime (Contact) Engagement, the score is the result of formula involving actions by that contact over time, divided by the number of mailings received by the contact over time. Edit scoring in Settings: Account Management > General Account Settings > Settings tab.
Lifetime (Contact) Engagement (CP = Configurable Points) (# Unique opens * CP) + (# Unique clicks * 0.25) + (# Total forwards * CP) + (# Unique Clickstream Purchases * CP) + (Total Shares * CP) / # Mailings ("Clickstream Purchases" refers to Delivra's purchase tracking feature, not available in all lists).