To make our platform GDPR compliant, we offer the ability to delete contacts from your account.
GDPR Right to Erasure: If your contact requests to invoke their Right to Erase their personal data, sometimes called the right to be forgotten, under GDPR regulations, please be sure to export your contact's data to save before deleting their record. More info can be found here.
a. Delete Contacts One-Off-
For a one-off request from a specific subscriber, you can navigate to the individual record on the Contacts page, click on the down arrow of the Edit button, and choose Delete. A confirmation pop-up will appear to confirm with OK or Cancel.
b. Delete by CSV Import-
Once the delete functionality is enabled for your account, you will see the "Remove Contacts" option on the left hand side of the Contacts page.
Upload a CSV that includes ONLY the email addresses you would like to delete and confirm your upload. As with the manual delete, this job will run within minutes.
c. Delete by API-
Our API calls will now include the ability to request a contact deleted. Find API documentation here: https://www.delivra.com/api-integration/
IMPORTANT NOTES ABOUT THIS FEATURE
1. When a contact is deleted any reporting and history regarding that contact is also deleted from the system.
2. ONCE YOU CONFIRM CONTACT DELETION, THE JOB RUNS WITHIN TWO MINUTES. THE ACTION CANNOT BE UNDONE, SO PLEASE PROCEED WITH CAUTION.
3. This is an enabled feature that must be requested by the contract signer. Please send feature enablement requests to Support. Once enabled at the account level, the ability to delete contacts will be added to most permission roles. Don't forget to consider which administrators and roles you want to give the ability to delete contacts.
4. Our Support team will NOT delete contacts on your behalf.
5. If a contact record is in Unsubscribed status and then deleted from the account, the contact record cannot be re-added. The contact record could not re-subscribe, even if the contact gives permission to you to be re-added.