Occasionally you may have some row failures when importing new contacts (or updating existing contacts) through CSV import. To determine the cause of those failures and make adjustments to clear those failures, follow the process below.
- Navigate to the Contacts dashboard.
- Click "Import History" in your left-hand navigation.
- Hover over the relevant import record and click "Details". (You can determine import by ID, date, File name, # of records, and more).
- Click on "Download Error File".
Once you've opened the file, the first column in the spreadsheet will explain why the failed row was not imported.
- Make sure there is only one email address on each line.
- Ensure each entry contains the @ symbol.
- Check for any unnecessary spaces after the email address.
- If a hyphen is being used in the file name, try resaving your file with an underscore instead. Hyphens in certain applications may look like a hyphen but actually act as a special character instead.
What does it mean if the Error File has thousands of "EmailAddress: Value cannot be empty" but the original document is correct?
Article is closed for comments.