Changing contact status through an import
Let's say you have a list of emails you need to change to a new contact status like unsubscribed, held or expired. You don't have to update each one manually! To update email addresses in bulk, follow this process:
Change contact status through a .CSV import-
1. Create a .csv file of addresses needing to be changed.
2. Set up your file to include two columns EmailAddr and MemberType. Under the EmailAddr column, list the email addresses. Under the MemberType column use 'unsub' or 'held' or 'expired' for each email address (depending on the status you want to change them to).
3. In UI, navigate to the Contacts dashboard.
4. Select 'Import Contacts' on left. Browse to find your file. Click 'Next'.
5. Map column headers to the appropriate data fields. Click 'Next'.
6. Be sure Action changed to 'Use Type Setting in CSV file'. Click 'Import'.
When import is complete, double check one or two addresses to be changed to make sure they are now listed as the new status.
Change contact status for one contact-
1. Navigate to the 'Contacts' dashboard.
2. Enter the email in the search bar or click Find Contacts icon and type in the email address.
3. Click on the email address (or right click, Edit). A right click menu is also available in this page with a quick link to the unsubscribe function
4. Go to the 'Subscription Info' tab, and change the contact type in the dropdown.
5. Click 'Save'.