Tracking your source is important to comparing the success of different marketing efforts or creating segments, dynamic content or triggered campaigns based on the subscriber source (ex. creating a specific Welcome Email with a discount offer for subscribers that came in through your Facebook page).
- Navigate to the Contacts Dashboard. Choose Configuration from the left-hand navigation.
- Select "Configure Fields".
- Using the Search Box, search for the 'Source' value in your field listing.
- Hover over the field name and choose the Edit button that appears at the right.
- You will see 'Subscribe Form' is a default value in the Picklist for source. You can manually add in as many values as you would like into the list by clicking the "Add" button and saving after the additions.
- These source values will be available for you to set as defaults on your Drag and Drop forms, when manually adding an individual subscriber, Contact Import, FTP and API.
You cannot rename the Source field, but you may save additional custom values to it.