This article takes you through the process to set values for your "Source" picklist. You would use this process when you have a new marketing effort that is driving new subscribers to your email marketing list.
Tracking your source is important to comparing the success of different marketing efforts or creating segments, dynamic content or triggered mailings based on the subscriber source (ex. creating a specific Welcome Email with a discount offer for subscribers that came in through your Facebook page).
- From 'Home' page, click "Settings" cog in the upper right corner.
- Select "Custom Fields" (on the left side).
- Using the Search Box, search for the 'Source' value in your Custom Fields.
- Click "Edit".
- You will see 'Subscribe Form' is a default value in the Picklist for source. You can manually add in as many values as you would like into the list by clicking the "Add" button and saving after the additions.
- These source values will be available for you to set as defaults on your Drag and Drop forms, in Content manual entry, Contact Import, FTP and API.